It’s been a few years since I started this site, and its been a lot of fun. On occasion, I have expressed my reasons for doing so and my connections (or lack therof) to Redbox, but I wanted to clarify my purposes and any potential conflicts that may exist.
First off, let me just say that this website is not in any way affiliated with Redbox, McDonald’s or Coinstar. A more detailed explanation can be found below.
As it says on the About Us page, this website is designed to share and discuss the latest information on Redbox and other similar companies in the DVD rental industry. When I started this site, Redbox was fairly new, and this site was the first dedicated to providing news and info about Redbox, as well a place to share Redbox promo codes.
I chose the name Inside Redbox as somewhat of a play on words, as “inside” the Redbox kiosk was the place to get great movies for a buck. Also, the “inner workings” of the Redbox kiosk is something most Redbox users never see, and I wanted this website to be a place we could all share anything we want to about Redbox.
Over the past few years I have been asked what my relationship is with Redbox, and some have even accused me of working for Redbox and trying to deceive you. I want to clarify all of that with the following disclosures:
- I am not (and have never been) an employee or consultant of Redbox, McDonald’s or Coinstar, or any similar companies in the DVD rental industry.
- I do not own stock in Redbox, McDonald’s or Coinstar.
- I do not receive any free movies, special benefits or services from Redbox, other than the occasional use of promo codes that everyone has equal access to here.
- I have in the past had discussions with representatives from Redbox, as most bloggers and journalists would. I hope to continue open communication with them as well as other companies in the industry.
- I do make affiliate commissions from time-to-time on ads located on this website. However, I have never been paid any commissions or the like by Redbox or its affiliates.
- I try to be fair in my reporting of Redbox and other companies in the industry. As a blogger, I write about things that I am interested in, but am always open to comments, suggestions and even criticism.
- I do not delete any comments unless they are found to be SPAM, pornographic, hateful, etc…
- If I am wrong, I will post a retraction, correction or even apology, if necessary.
- I try hard to respond to all email and comments I receive. If you need something, please let me know.
I hope this clears up what this website is (and is not). I really do enjoy running this site and discussing all things Redbox. I am grateful for all members of the (growing) community here and for all you do in helping make this site a fun and useful place to visit.
Thanks for being here!